The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Knucklehead Saga Continues

First...hope to post more photos of our friends finishing the last stage. Helen got some great shots.

Here is the latest Knucklehed story...We left Beaver Creek Sunday morning to visit my cousin in Meade, Co. After a brief visit George's step daughter stops by and picks him up. We unpack the car and get his luggage transferred to his daughter's car.
WELL...there are two red bags...you got it...my bag is now in Dallas and George's in New Jersey!!!

The flight home yesterday was uneventful...except I met the same DNC delegates that flew out with me two weeks ago. Harvey and Diane. We had a lot laughs. But a cute story...Harvey has a 95 year old mother who loves Tom Brokaw. Harvey bumps into Brokaw and asked him if he would mine calling his mother to say hello. Harvey gets his Mom on the cell phone and Brokaw talks to her for a few minutes. Made her day, week and month.

A little tired today and a busy day at work. Hope by the end of the week to finish the stages and summarize my experience at the TransRockie. If there are any Gore-Tex-TransRockie folks reading this blog I would like to thank them for a wonderful experience. I hope to elaborate more in the coming days about that experience both positive and negative(mostly positive).

3 comments:

Georgie B said...

Want to be witty, but I have the cold of a lifetime... all began on Thursday from the dust in the town dump that we slept in. Fred, I hope you don't mind, but I used your toothbrush from the red bag that I have in Dallas. I also kept one of the eight tubes of preparation H that was in your shaving kit.

Great picture of the Transrockies crew.... I miss each and every one of these folks. I hope we can reconvene somehow. I have rarely felt such a connection not only from the common experience, but also from the shared achievement.

I can't figure out how to post in the main body of the blog yet... I may need a remedial course.

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

Blighters all! I can't think of many events that top what we all experienced in Colorado. The next best would place seventh on the list. The next day Annie and I went for a nine miler up from Beaver Creek. You'll be happy to know we were rained on!

Annie has been saying "we" could run as a team next time... I suggested she find another couple and rent an RV... all we'd need next would be a driver!

If not Transrockies, I'm certainly up for another sdventure... ang suggestions?

J-one said...

Yeah! If not TR 2009, what next?
It was truly an awesome experience. You guys did a fabulous, inspiring job - growing stronger as the week progressed. It was great to meet you and I hope we all meet again on the next one.
Judy