The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Friday, March 28, 2008

Week Three In The Books

Woke-up early went had blood drawn hoping it will show an improvement in Cholesterol levels. Especially hdl I have been stuck at 42 forever. 20 years ago while training for the NYC Marathon my hdl level was 80. I want to get off Zocor I am afraid of the muscle issues.

Thank God for my mid day work-outs at the Y. It keeps me sane working with 25 woman. Weather turned out to be great so I ran an easy 5 outside and did my limited weight work-out. Hoping to go 10 tomorrow...weather is not going to be as nice as today.

George do not stress about my pace you know me I am a rabbit. I need to moderate my pace no way I am going to be at those paces. Your the discipline runner which we are going to need to go 6 days 20 a day. I do have a plan though...Run 10 miles at a maybe 11 min pace that will take about 1hr 45 min...take a 1hr nap then run the other 10 mile!!! Total time 4 and 1/2 hrs.

Rick has been checking our blog he says we are motivating him to take a nap!!!! Actually he says he going try to start a walking program.

I came across a couple of websites about altitude training I'll post them for you tomorrow.

Team song suggestion: 24, 24 hours to go I want to be sedated.... I do not know who sings it though.

3 comments:

Georgie B said...

Fred, I sent you a link to the three stooges theme song.... could be a thought, lord knows we know enough other knuckleheads to justify a third stooge.

Ran 1:10 with weight vest on today and then walked 10 minutes to cool down. Probably nervous enery... Nikki was trying out for Junior High Cheerleading as I ran. She made the team.

Gonna do a light workout ( 20 minutes or so) on the eucalyptys machine tomorrow and run 9 on Sunday.

Talked to a perfect candidate for the third stooge yesterday... Matty O'Hearn, who may come down the first weekend in June for some golf in Dallas. Come on down Fred !

Studied the recently published 16 week training plan.... yikes !
We can do this.... Vision Quest.

Tracy said...

Fred - I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones. You need a team song it will be inspiring. I have to tell you every time I read this I want to go work out. After I leave work (yes here on Saturday) I think I will go do my walk...Keep it up looks like you are doing great!!

Freddi14 said...

Tracy thanks. What are you doing at the school on a Saturday ?