The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 153 & 154

First a BIG THANK YOU to OLD Goat Steve for his response on navigation. I should have asked him this question a month ago I would have slept better. If I make it to Vail I am taking him out for a beer at one the bars there.

Took Tuesday off...got my passport photo. Now I am down to couple of things but nothing big.

Today, I got the new cell phone and one Helen,Katie and Freddy. Katie and Freddy have already figured there phone's out. They are helping me figure mine out.

Ran 6.5 today and did my usual Y thing. It was not a great run felt rough and it was humid again.

Spoke to my brother tonight...George, Glucose tablets they sell them at Walmart or any drug store. He says they are better then eating chocolate or gel drinks. He says we need to pack a warm jacket for nighttime and morning. He also laughed about the 6 shirts he said after the 1st mile each day it is not going to matter whether you have a clean or dirty shirt. He maybe right.

3 comments:

Sat Sandhu said...

Yeah we're definitely packing warm jacket to wear in the evenings and early morning.

Regarding the 6 shirts - we're taking 6 each, but it's in case we get soaked by rain everyday and the tops do not get a chance to dry out overnight - it'd be horrible to start each day with wet gear on.

stressed - too much to do and not enough time!

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

I have the good fortune of a crew with an SUV. The bad news is Annie already informed me that it will be full of her clothes and there may not be room for her massage table or my beer cooler... Oh well, she'll just have to find a way to work on my legs without the table.

Doug and I have shirts for every day... and others for the evenings. One of our Leadville friends report that the evening temperatures are in the high thirties and it's been raining and/or hailing almost every night. Bring warm clothes... gloves and a knit cap are advisable. Plan to dress in layers at the daily start... also bring a few six mil plastic bags... They come in handy at the (speculation ahead) stream crossing (shallow but wide) just before Twin Lakes.

And I'll accept that offer of a beer in Vail - I hope you took out a loan!

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

I almost forgot - Light weight walkie talkies might be more advantagous... cell service may be spotty. That way George can report which tent he's spending the night in without you having to worry!