The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Days 161 & 162

Wednesday,went to the Y for final time before the Quest. Wanted to say goodbye to Carmen. I hope that in 20 years I am in as good a shape as he is. He is heading down Florida to visit his son. He has been trying to convince his wife for a couple of years now to get a big screen TV. She finally has come around. But now he has been debating for the last 2 months whether to get a LCD or Plasma. I told him to just get one before she changes her mind!!! He says he is going to get it when he gets back from Florida...in time to watch the Yankees in World Series( we are both Yankee fans so we never give up). A few of the older guys at the Y have been wishing me good luck. It is a nice feeling...I just hope I can finish this Quest.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day yesterday and I was going to go for a short run outside. But decided not to...did not want to risk any accident on my last of training. So I just walked uphill on the treadmill for 30-35minutes and did a light work-out.

Wednesday night did some last minute packing and played chess with Katie and Freddy. All of sudden they have taken to playing chess. It is fun teaching them the game and finally I can beat somebody. But I got a feeling that will be short lived they are already pushing my limits.

Today, too nervous and excited to work so I am posting. Leave for the airport at 5:30am tomorrow. I know I will not sleep much tonight. Looking forward to meeting my new BLOGGING Friends, Jo, Sat and Steve.

A big thank you to everyone who have been sending in encouragement via post and emails.

The next post will come from Buena Vista, Co.

1 comment:

J-one said...

Awesome picture. You guys kicked ass. It was a pleasure to meet you (and be beaten by ya!)
Is everyone signing up for next year???
Judy