The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Days 156,157 & 158

Sat and Steve I am thinking about bringing my ski helmet!!! But I am going to try to believe in the weather people this time... the forecast is looking perfect for running next Monday mid-60's and sunshine. Although, I just read that Denver set an all-time low for Saturday--58.

Having said I would trust the weather folks they were dead wrong on Friday. Which I was happy about. Was able to play golf Friday afternoon. Played well... Rick and I were partners both of us played well both we lost $20 as our other buddy Al shot a 75. The bad news is I hurt my neck so that will rule out any golf next week and re-enforce no training this coming week.

Being a true knucklehead knowing my neck was bothering me I went for one last run. In addition, I went on a trail I should have been running on since March. A beautiful trail along the Delaware canal, completely shaded with nice hills. Leave it to me to find it at the of the Quest. If I survive the Quest I plan to run on this trail a lot when I get back. Anyway, ran 8 miles around a 9min mile pace. Too fast especially with the neck issue. Spent the rest of Saturday with ice on the neck and taking a nap.

Sunday spent packing...still trying to figure out what jacket to bring. I know I am packing way too much stuff but it still fits in the duffel bag at the moment. Still need to get a small camera that will fit easily in the pack.

Spoke with George he has been up in Chicago cleaning out his house that looks like it might be sold. He will be very relieved if it is. I hope he has some energy left for the Quest he has been cleaning/packing since Friday...14hr days. Now he is driving back to Dallas in a U-haul van. He was 122 mile outside of St.Louis when we spoke.

Sat...George has a new e-mail address... georgebrown926@yahoo.com. He was not sure if you had it or not.

Again, thanks to Steve and Sat for the advice. A week to go...I can not believe it.

Steve, will the Ultra Michelob bus be waiting for us next weekend!!!

1 comment:

Sat Sandhu said...

We spent Sunday packing too - we also think we've packed too much. Also we're split our trainers into several bags - in case the airline loses our baggage!!!

Glad to hear about George's house sale - really hope it goes through asap. We can tell from previous postings that it's been a big weight on his shoulders - he will fly without it :)

And yes - I've got his new email address.

In terms of jacket I'm taking my skiing jacket, whereas Jo's relying on her running rainproof jacket and layers.

You know you'll have to find another Quest to do - to make use of that new running trail :)

See you guys very soon :)