The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 155

Thanks Sat and Steve for the advice. I looked at the long range forecast for Leadville and it looks pretty good for the 1st day of the race and through Thursday. Sunny and cool but it looks like it will be pretty chilly at night low 30's. But when do the Weather folks ever get it right.

I am debating on how heavy a jacket to bring...a ski jacket or a mid weight jacket that will be easier to pack where I can always layer under it. My brother says go with the Ski jacket. Anybody have any other thoughts.

Steve, I have a home equity line I hope that will be enough. I had hoped to put a new roof on the house but I guess I can wait till next year.

Took the day off...busy at school and did some shopping. Was hoping to play some golf tomorrow but the weather is not looking good. If no golf will run uphill on the treadmill for 30/40min and do some stretching and stomach work.

5 comments:

Sat Sandhu said...

Jo and I will probably bring our windproof, fleecy north-face jackets (they usually form the inner liner of our snowboarding jackets).

Since the duffel bags are pretty decent size then I guess err on the side of caution and bring your ski jacket - but Trail Goat's the one with the experience, so we'll wait to see what he says :)

BTW: hope you're cutting down on the golf too during your taper? We dont want to hear that you're doing 18 holes late next week, ok?

Look forward to seeing you guys. I'll drop George an email with our mobile numbers on it - so we can get together on Saturday (in case we dont automatically bump into each other).

Getting excited now - not sure I'll manage to get any work done next week ;)

Laters
Sat

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

Two members of my running club (including Doug's daughter) are running the Leadville 100 today, and Annie just showed me a weather bulletin for the Area including Leadville, Buena Vista, and Beaver Creek. Heavy driving rain, hail up to 1/3", and high winds... Bring your Nor'easter gear, Martha, it's gonna be a wet one!

Sat Sandhu said...

Maybe I should pack a bike helmet for the hail stones!!! :)

It's going to be GREAT!!!

Bob said...

Hi Fred,

Just wanted to let you know I have enjoyed reading your posts. It sounds like you are prepared and I know you will do well. If I do not see you guys this coming week, good luck and may the wind be at your back. you are a credit to all of us "old guys."

Bob

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

Check out the weather forecasts. It looks like we'll be running in rain and snow for the entire week... I don't care about running in the stuff - it's camping in it that's foreboding. My idea of 'roughing it' is when room service only delivers until midnight.