The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 115 & 116 Happy 4th of July


Played golf on Thursday it was sunny,windy and hot. Played halfway decent. The round took about 4+ hours. Finished up went in for lunch and a Bud. Unfortunately, could only have 1 Bud...LL game at night. Would not be good for the manager to have Alcohol on his breath. Got home about 4:00 and was exhausted took a power nap before the big game.

Unfortunately, the big game was anything but big...the kids were tired from the night before and there play showed it. NO ENERGY...I know the feeling. We lost. Again, we got home late after 10:00.

Today, took the day-off. Had hoped to play golf with Rick but I was too tired to get up early. Plus Rick was not able to get a tee time. So we went down to his summer house for the afternoon. The kids love his backyard pool. Rick & Marydett are the nicest hosts...Freddy and Katie enjoy there company. Marydett's 85 year old Dad came by and was doing card tricks for the kids. He was a big Boy Scout leader when his kids were growing up so Helen talk to him about scouting. Both his boys Buddy and Bobby made Eagle Scout. Freddy has a long way to go. Another,VERY GOOD DAY.

George, that suicide vest will kill you in that heat. I do not know how you do it.

3 great Americans died on July 4th...Thomas Jefferson,John Adams and Mr C. I can not believe it has been four years since he passed away. He was like family and another big brother. He would have been the third Knucklehead. He would have been there with us as our single crew member. I do not have the space to tell people who did not know him about his life... but he had the most courage of anyone I ever knew. Every day he had to show it...I miss Mr C. He will be in my thoughts when I am running in the Rockies as he is everyday.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

Of course the suicide vest is gonna kill me... that's why they call it a SUICIDE vest.

The picture of C reminds me again that life is moving on and spending this time training for something that will get our 50 + year old bodies in good / great shape makes just so much sense.

The picture of fat me revs me up even more ! I think I'll go get some Ice Cream.