The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Days 112,113 & 114

Well so much for taking this week off. Monday ran 2, and worked out at the Y. Then had a tough night of LL Allstars. Lost tough game Freddy pitched and got beat-up. He was pretty upset...I felt bad for him. We did not get home till after 11:00pm. Way past my bedtime!!!

Tuesday,ran 5 miles uphill on the treadmill and did a little work-out at the Y. Then back to work. After work off to LL practice for 2 hrs. Got home was exhausted tried to go to bed early no luck there.

Today, did 6 outside it was pretty hot but felt half way decent. Back to work. Then off to a LL game. We finally won 4-3. Freddy played well got a key RBI and made the last three outs of the game. Just got home but I thought I needed to post.

Cross training tomorrow and another LL game at 8:00. Hope to play golf with Rick on Friday but not sure if I want to wake-up at 6:00am on the 4th.

George, as I told you we have a chance to finish 3rd in the Quest for our age group 80+. It looks like there are only 3 teams in our catorgory. But we do not have to tell anybody that.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

We WILL finish 3rd.... it is now my mantra. I am getting a #3 tatooed on my forehead today.

Okay, I had a decent run on Wednesday ( although I am guilty of melting down when the run is almost over... every time ! )

I was feeling cocky so I broke out the suicide vest for a 6 mile run in 100 degree heat... BIG MISTAKE !
... as a result, I practiced my walking after I'm totally blown out by the run.

If there is good news, I weighed in at 169.4 lbs after my dehydrating experience. I'm sure I'm back to 176 today, but it was fun to see the scale under 170... which was one of my top goals in the lunacy.

I have decided to outsource my job hunt to a company that really seems to have a better mousetrap for job hunting.... big $ investment out of pocket, but the outplacement source that was provided to me basically says that they will help format a resume for me and teach me to " Network " effectively. This just sounds really archaic to me. Anyhow, I hope I have made the right choice here..... particularly given the continued meltdown of my portfolio which is almost exclusively invested in alternative energy stocks... i.e. wind, solar, lithium batteries, hybrids which I am buying as a captitalist pig reasons as opposed to environmentalist reasons.

Happy 4th to you, Fred....this is a day that is contemplative to me as I honor our military and particularly honor the Marine Corps Culture of service and selflessness. Go Tadpole !!!