The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Days 132 & 133

I am getting STRESSED !!!! This week is supposed to be the big week for mileage and LL is getting in the way. We keep winning which means we could be playing this weekend which will really mess-up my running schedule. We have a game every night this week.

Monday ran 5+ on the treadmill up-hill felt ok. Did my normal Y work-out.

Monday night we played one of the best teams in the tournament and lost a very close one. We went with our B pitchers as our A pitchers were un-available. Freddy, pitched and did very well. Retired the side in order his 1st inning and the second would have done the same if not for a couple of fielding errors. We lost 11-8 but we ran out of time...only played 5 innings.

Last night we won 10-0. Which means we have at least 2 more games to play. If we keep winning we could go all the way to next Tuesday. Not good. We play the # 1 seed tonight. I am not sure who I am rooting for!!!!

Hope to run today on my lunch hour, again Thursday and figure out how I will get the long runs in on Saturday and Sunday with LL.

George, we need to go through a check list for equipment,food and clothing. What is your feeling on a GPS device ? With our history of getting lost I was thinking we should hire a guide!!! Since you are single maybe YOU can get a young single female guide...I just won't tell Helen!!!

3 comments:

Georgie B said...

I am consulting with Tonto... aka
Jay Silverheels.

Fred, we will simply follow a 26 year old runner with stretch pants as our beacon !

You can be chatty... I will be
" aloof ", but dangerous !

Didn't run today... spent almost 5 hours and 120 driving miles trying to figure out how to get my new computer to talk to my in home router. VERY frustrating, but I did finally figure it out.

... Just in time to see that my largest stock, Capstone ( CPST ) is melting down. Fred, but a 1,000 shares of Capstone below $ 3.30 and pay for your trip or at least give you something to whine about when we're running so you can limit the lectures that you are planning to give me.

Sat Sandhu said...

I take it that's a 26 year old FEMALE runner as your beacon....that would be pretty good motivation ;)

Are you guys getting stressed yet? I am....got to try and sort out list of things to take etc.

BTW: We get to Buena Vista on the Friday before the race, staying at the Super 8 motel (the other one was fully booked). Then after the race we're staying in Vail for a few days :)

What are your plans?

Ta
Sat

Sat Sandhu said...

Just to let you guys know - I managed to get in touch with Best Western Vista Inn.

We're now booked in to there - so Jo and I can stalk you two :)

Happy running
Sat