The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Friday, July 25, 2008

Days 134 & 135

I was checking the Transrockie website they have changed the routes. The 1st two days they have reduced the mileage substantially. If I am reading it right...1st day 10 miles second 12. George we can do that backwards ELITE runners like us.

Anyway, woke-up at 4:00am this morning in a sweat...with a list of things to do in my head. Could not get back to sleep!!

Ok training update...ran 7+ on Wednesday mostly trail...the 4H's were present. Thursday, just walked up hill at pretty could pace on the treadmill up to a 15% grade. Did 3 miles. This morning ran 13+ in full pack mode...weather was almost perfect mid 60's when I started. Felt pretty good when I got done. Sitting at work now just a little tired.

I know everybody wants a LL update...Wednesday's game got rained out...not good. We may go into Sunday now. We lost last night to the top seed but our guys did not play well at all. We only got 1 hit. Freddy drove in the only 2 runs we scored on ground outs. I hope we do better tonight. We are playing the same team we beat on Tuesday 10-0. If we win we play again on Saturday. Luckily that game is not until 5:00. At least I can get my run in. If we win that game we play Sunday. This is killing me.

Tomorrow hope to get my trail shoe issues resolved.

9 comments:

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

This is Steve of the California Old Goats. I rechecked my Colorado Topo maps and the distance between Buena Vista and Vicksburg is 16 miles as the crow flies, but 22 using the most likely course and, according to the latitude and longitude the race still starts near downtown BV.. Either they screwed up on the profile or the course description. Were I a betting man (say a case of beer on the final order of finish) I'd opt for the real stage one distance being 22... Doug and I are planning accordingly!

Freddi14 said...

Steve you just ruined my Friday night!!!

Sat Sandhu said...

Yup - ruined my week too!
I was looking for a nice 10-12 miler to get us warmed up :(

Guess it's good that he warned us - imagine how bad it would have been finding out on the day (or worse - while we're running) :O

Had a good week of training - total week distance of 65 miles, think that's my highest. And Jo's back into running too - so that's great news.

Good luck with LL - I dont understand it, but I do look forward to the results :)

Georgie B said...

Fred, I LAUGH at 22 miles in the mountains... I am a finely tuned, high performing athlete. My legs are pistons, my mind a laptop.

I am just wishing that there was more altitude !!!

I also am a chronic liar and I hate Steve Harvey.... you old goat !!

Sat Sandhu said...

I assume that was a double bluff and you do actually laugh at 22 milers!! ;)

BTW: How are you guys getting to Buena Vista? Do you fly into Denver too? I'm having "fun and games" trying to sort out transfer/shuttle.

I've not been able to get a response from the guys mentioned on the TRR website.

Thinking of hiring a car one way - drop off would have to be Aspen though, so need to find out how much taxi from Aspen back to Buena Vista.

Steve Harvey (The Old Goat) said...

Hey guys, I'm just a casual observer. For all I know the Transrockies folks have found a way to alter the time space continuem. But, like everyone else, my queries have been ignored by the race management... I sure hope they get more communicative in the coming weeks.

Check out my blog if you haven't already I just posted this weekends event. http://californiaoldgoats.blogspot.com/

PS: The distance is less than 110 miles if you believe the elevation profiles.

Freddi14 said...

George was supposed to being taking care of that as well. I think we both get in around Noon. I thought the shuttles ran every hour or something...

Back to Steve's comment...George and I are planning accordingly as well...that is.... when to take our1st nap!!!

Freddi14 said...

I know... I wish they would tell us how far apart the aide stations are going to be. Would make planning much easier.

Will check it out. I was on there a few weeks back. George and I hope to model your approach.

Georgie B said...

Okay.... there is a shuttle from Airport to Buena Vista that leaves at 1,4,7 p.m.
phone # 877-844-4435


Shuttle from Beaver Creek to Airport departures on the hour from 4:45 a.m. TO 5:45 p.m.
phone # 800-525-4435 ( Lynne )

reminders: duffle bag provided at check in

Route book and maps provided

massages available for cash

NEED TO SEND A PASSPORT SIZED PHOT0TO TRANS ROCKIES PRIOR TO THE RACE FOR CREDENTIALS

block of rooms reserved at Best Western Vista Inn @ $ 154 per night

Lodging at Beaver Creek.... 2 br for $ 199 per night.

Emergency kit needs to have:

rainwear ( jacket and long pants )
warm hat and gloves
survival blanket ( 1 per team 0
sun block
warm clothing ( fleece sweater )
small first aid kit
id / money
electrolyte capsules

Bring your own sleeping bag and mat which will be transported in duffle bag each evening.

Hope this helps