The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Friday, July 11, 2008

Days 121 & 122

Took yesterday off. Went home for lunch took a power nap. Went back to school felt pretty good. Left school a little early so I could eat dinner before LL practice. Practice was pretty good we were trying to get the kids to be more aggressive at the plate. So I tried to get them fired-up it worked in some not in others. But if we do not hit in the next tournament we are toast and they won't renew my contract.

Ran 13 this morning. The weather broke...it was 62 degrees and no humidity. I was in heaven. Felt like a new man...I must be because I am down to 156lbs. Glad I ran early though I think it is going up to 90 this afternoon. It was nice getting into work at 10:30 all the problems of the morning were gone by the time I got in.

George, I saw the weather forecast for Dallas this morning 99 degrees. I really think you should try the treadmill in that kind of weather. In our younger days it would not be a problem or if you were only running 5 but going long in that heat on repeating days can not be good.

Hope to do 11 tomorrow before LL practice/scrimmage. Also hope to resolve my pack purchase tomorrow as well.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

Fred, after a reasonable due diligence, I bought a pack at REI, called Stoke 9.... see it at www.rei.com

1 pound / 13.5 oz and it holds 9 liters. Has a modest storage area and a place to hold a 70 oz water bladder. Also has a waist strap and I am told this is a highly stable pack for running / hiking etc. and at $ 39.95, it's at a great price.

http://www.rei.com/search?query=stoke++9

Of course, as a knucklehead... I'm sure I screwed something up with the selection. We'll probably spend the Friday that we get to Buena Vista shopping at an outfitter.