The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 139 and 140

1st... George, tried to call you today your cell phone was not working...said phone no longer in service. I will forward you an e-mail confirmation of the medical insurance we got yesterday.( Again Thanks to Steve and his forum post.)

Steve,heard from Transrockie folks and forwarded that to us see his comments on day 138. In summary, the 1st two stages are shorter but Transrockie says this year's race will be harder then last year.

Took Tuesday off and today did my uphill run at the Y along with some stomach and upper body work. Also went to have my blood drawn it will be interesting to see what effect the training has had on my blood profile since I also stopped taking the Zocor.

Got my sleeping bag today along with a bunch of other gear. I think I might win the best dressed runner award. I am all technicaled up even my underwear!!!!

Tomorrow hope to cross train with Rick on the Golf course. Have not played with him this year. Should be a good day albiet a hot one.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

Apple, for 32 years... you have been losing my phone # and now my email..... phone 469-964-8658

email.... georgebrown926@yahoo.com

Contract on the home getting shaky and therefore, so am I !

Haven't run in a couple of days... but did 30 minutes and 45 minutes on the Eucalyptus machine... giving the knees a rest. Plan to do a reasonable run tomorrow.

I am in the process of a whole new approach to tapering !

I layed out all my gear / clothes etc for the run yesterday... my room is a mess and I'm not sure I'm any more organized.... too much going on in my life so I have nervous energy to spare. I think I'll move the gear to the garage tomorrow and then to the dining room on Friday !

Off to sleep..... BTW, perhaps your little league team can use the leadership and grace of Manny Ramirez.... the bum !