The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Days 123 & 124

Ran 11 early Saturday morning before the heat set in. Unfortunately, was not luckily enough to avoid the heat for baseball practice. After practice Freddy wanted to watch his friend Michael play his Allstar game. A long baseball day. After, that went out to buy a pack. I bought one but I think it is too big will try to wear it a couple times to see.

The last of my baseball hero's passed away...Bobby Murcer. Last year it was the Scooter. Katie and I were watching some film clips of Bobby Murcer while we were watching the Yankee game. She is 12. She said Murcer was a true Yankee and that A-Rod would never be one. She has amazing insight. I am now down to two hero's James Arness( Matt Dillon)Gunsmoke which I watch all the time and Joe Namath.

Tony Snow was also a good guy.

Today ran 12 before Church. Legs felt pretty rough. I keep thinking the training is going to pay-off... we are running out of time.

George, I have an alternative plan for the Transrockie Run. We bring our golf clubs play 36 find the campsite have dinner camp-out. Wake-up have breakfast play another 36 find the Campsite etc etc...At the camp fire we can talk about all the birdies we made while we listen to people talk about how horrible they feel about the day's run. I AM SERIOUS!!!!

1 comment:

Sat Sandhu said...

Hi guys,

George - thanks for another nice comment on our blog. We're looking forward to meeting you guys too....apparently strangers are just friends that you haven't met yet (I read that somewhere!)

Been unwell recently...got a temperature/fever/aches...think the body is fighting some sort of infection. Tried running on Sunday but my heart rate was sky high while doing a slow jog - so headed home after 1km. Guess a little worried as I haven't run consistently for a few weeks now.

Feeling a bit better now - but suspect most of the week will be a write-off :(

Maybe I can join you guys on the golf...I've always wanted to learn ;)

Take care,
Sat