The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 118

Got up early did 11 felt like I was running in cloud. The humidity had to be 90% luckily the temp was only mid 70's. Actually felt pretty good...again once I woke-up. The hardest part is getting out of bed at 6:30 on a Sunday morning.

George,I bought Ultima Replenisher it was recommended by the Transrockie bike race. I have been taking it for the past two days I think it is better then Gatorade not as sweet. I drink a glass before I run and then after I finish. I think I will mix it up and take it on my long runs.

Pretty un-event full day. Church, some work around the house, watched Wimbledon reminded me of the Connor v Borg matches. Then took a power nap. A pretty good day.

Tomorrow, 36 holes for the Special Olympics. It is now a tradition for Henry and I to play. It is long day but for a good cause...I look forward to it...but it is supposed to be hot and humid tomorrow. Plus I have baseball practice at 6:30pm. Oh well such is life.

3 comments:

Georgie B said...

Fred, the gatorade that I refer to is a new version... G-2. Try it as a way to hydrate with electrolytes. Really low calorie.

I ran 10.5 today..... ran pretty well except for the end of the run ( as usual ).

Had a nice note from Matt O'Hearn... one of the true nice guys on the planet this week. His advice on Church is this...
" Missing Church for 7 days, makes one weak ".

I started staging stuff that I am going to bring to Colorado. Fred,
key items are 1) one gallon Freezer bags to keep one dry 2 ) baby wipes to keep one tidy 3) Tent Light to read byb 4 )Swiss Army knife 5) Fishing line for multiple routine ( clothesline ) or non routine... make a tent with emergency blanket

I had a massage yesterday.... better than sex at my advanced age ! Clear help to my run today.
I will bring Wampum to get massages while the Transrockies is in progress.

Sat Sandhu said...

Hi guys,

Good to see your training is going pretty well...I am impressed.

We're been on holiday for a week - in the Swiss Alps. I wish I could say we did lots of running - but we didn't. Did plenty of walking - it was steep but do feel as if we're been a bit lazy (and all that Swiss Chocolate and Cheese didn't help).

Back to running as of today - finish work in about 30 mins...then a nice 10km jog to get back into the swing of things.

I'm not religious George but I'll try asking my Sikh/Indian gods to sell your house too - in case that helps.

I've stopped looking at the stock market...going to look again in a year or two - hopefully my portfolio will be worth something again by then!! :(

Laters
Sat

Anonymous said...

Hey Fred,

You guys should come to the Valley to train, the weather is always perfect. You can run up in Tuolumne Meadows at 9,000 or chase bears with me at 4,000.

Sounds like your training is going well, good luck.