The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 82,83,84 We are Committed or should we be Committed

Busy three days...Ran 8+ on Friday and work-out at the Y. Then back to work. Friday night George and I made the final payment for the Quest. We are now officially committed to the Transrockie Run!!! No turning back now.

I got the final results of SL 5 my Garmin was right my time was 38:57. I feel much better about the race NOW!! 38 sounds better then 39!!!

Saturday I had to take-off. Too busy...took Freddy to the Hit/Pitch/Run finals that was a 5 hr deal. I do not think he will be going to Yankees Stadium but he had fun. Came home got some more of my garden in before the severe weather rolled in. Also had to clean the gutters while it was pouring. Weather broke enough to get our last LL game in before the play-offs begin. We snapped our 7 game losing streak just in time for the play-offs. The kids played great. Got home at 9:30 just about past my bedtime.

Sunday...Church, breakfast and long run. Did 13+ felt so,so my Achilles started to bother me around the 8 mile mark. Ran through it. When I finished I stretched it out and it feels Ok. Put the rest of my Garden in and cleaned up the yard...took a nap and had a beer.

Another busy week coming up...Helen and Katie will be gone for three days. Leaves Freddy and I on our own. Could be a scary situation. Will keep you posted how we make out. We also have a play-off game while they are gone.

Need to book some flights for The Quest.

1 comment:

Sat Sandhu said...

Wow - I'm exhausted reading that. It's one thing doing all the running but gardening and kids too - phew!

Good training. Jo and I had a great weekend too. It's (only) 84 days to go...doesn't seem like a lot - yikes!

Yup we're fully paid up too - that hurt the wallet almost as much as the running hurts the legs ;)

George - when you get a life tell me what it feels like :(

Laters
Sat