The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 86

Busy day. Started with typical Tuesday shopping at Sams. Got to school unloaded the supplies, paid bills, collected tuition and talked to parents. Went home for lunch and ran 5 miles. I have new approach...running less for speed and more for the miles. I am hoping this will help the legs feel better. Ran without the garmin which should help me slow my pace. Did some stomach crunches, took a shower and went back to work. Then off to LL practice...big game this Thursday...the play-offs begin.



George, I figured out Link-id and I hooked up with Mike Booth. Talk with him today only for a couple of minutes will get back to him tomorrow. But he is a grandfather!!! He is 54...has a six year old grandson. His two kids are 26 and 30. When I told him mine were 10 and 12 we both started laughing.



Cross training tomorrow if the weather is ok. Not looking good right now.

2 comments:

Georgie B said...

I had a horrible 5 mile run and a 2 mile walk.... I think I'm hitting the wall that you were hitting last week. I plan to take off tomorrow in that I am flying to Connecticut.

I think it is important to run two fairly long sequential runs some time over the next few days.... schedule calls for an 8 and a 10 on two concurrent days, makes sense.

Tell Mike Booth I said hi... we had an interesting friendship.... different types of folks, but as time went on in Leo Land, we reached a mutual respect and friendship.

Good news that Bernanke verbally supported a strong dollar... if I was smart, I would rotate all of my alternative energy stocks into tech / housing stocks. I alway watch Orleans Home Builders ( OHB ) in that it reacts to news mores so than the big boys... i.e. Toll Brothers, Hovanian etc.

Sat Sandhu said...

Hiya,

Does your Garmin have heart rate monitor built in? If so - what HR do you normally run at for your different sessions?

Also, George, I forgot to ask - did the stuff about breathing to control the stitch help at all with the stomach pains you get when you run?

Feeling good (so far) this week...think I've definitely got my mojo back :)

Laters
Sat