The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 87,88 & 89

Freddy & I were doing well up to last night. Then the wheels fell off. 1st we had our 1st play-off game. Had to leave work early pick-up some kids get to the park early. The field was one big mud puddle. So the coaches had to get the field ready...I sweated more doing that then in the 5 mile run that morning.

We had a devastating play-off loss. 6-3. We played on our best game so far. We have the tying runs on base with two outs. I tell the kids do not steal we need three runs not 1. Off course, they try to steal and they are out. The heart of our line-up was coming up. Got home at 10:00 was exhausted but could not go to sleep. This LL is killing me!!! Got 2 hrs of sleep between stressing over the GAME and the dog and the two cats running around all night.

Friday morning was no picnic but will not bore you with the details. Freddy & I survived.

Backing-up... Wednesday did not play golf my partner Henry did not trust my meteorological skills and bailed out on golf. So I went for my suicide walk instead did 4 miles.

Today I am officially brain dead...I ran 8 miles on the treadmill uphill. Although not a steep grade and at a constant pace 9 min miles. It was brutal the shuffle did not help much.

Tomorrow, will go long early as the weather is supposed to go into the upper 90's with a heat index in excess of 100. Then we have our 2nd play-off game at 1:30...I can not take the pressure my colon is killing me !!!!

No comments: