The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 26

George I saw you joined facebook who are you looking for? Did you get the Phi Tau email ? Looks like everybody had a good time at the reunion.

Another cold windy day...but got my run in...did 5 went into the Y and did my usual stomach and upper body work. I know I am getting stronger but I have not been able to find any sizable hills to push myself. That is beginning to worry me a little. I know we have time and it is probably better to get stronger and then take on the hills. I wish I was back in NYC the park had some good hills. I will most likely go traveling to find some good hill running.

By the way in addition to a team song we need a team uniform and t-shirt. I am on it!!!

1 comment:

Bluesuede71 said...

Greeting Fred,
My name is Carl and I volunteered at last year's Gore-Tex TRR. As a fellow sea-level flat lander from Delaware, I can attest to the difference in altitude. One word-humbling. This year, I hope to run some/all legs of the TRR. Up to running 3 hrs. 15 min. on hilly trails. Hard to believe, but yes, there are hills within close distance of Delaware. We actually have 3-4 state/county parks in MD/PA/DE that are pretty decent for hill training. Of course, nothing compares to Colorado. If you're interested in getting some hill training in, there's a trail race scheduled for April 26th at a nearby state park. You can run 1/2 marathon, 10k, or 5k. Or since they start them in a staggered process, you can attempt all 3. Here's a link, which includes elevation profile.
http://www.udel.edu/johnmack/traildawgs/tc/
The last two years, I've done the 1/2 marathon. This year, I'm thinking about trying all 3. We'll see... I talk a good talk now. Let's see what I'm saying after 3 hrs on the trails!
Take it easy, Carl