The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 41,42 & 43

Missed 2 days of posting. Thursday crossed trained...played 18 holes in 4 1/2 hours carrying my bag. Had a good round going till the 16th hole then the wheels feel off. After golf...LL practice for 1 1/2 hours. I think the TransRockie will be a piece cake after a day like Thursday. Dealing with 11 10 years olds for for hour and half might be like climbing to 11,000 ft!!!

Bought the I-pod shuffle loaded it with a few songs. Never ran with music before.

Friday did the Y work-out. Ran outside...tried the I-pod...1st song was the Big E You Aint Nothin But a Hound Dog...ran my 1st mile in under 6 minutes!!! Need to re-work the song selections!!! The next 3 miles I had to walk.

Today ran 12...the weather was perfect maybe a touch warm. Felt a little rough at the end but my pace was pretty good. I really think I need to work on the upper body and stomach more. Arms and shoulders were bothering me a little near the end.

They opened a Road Runner's sneaker store not too far from us. I buy all my sneakers from there catalogues. Had my stride analyzed and bought some running shoes and socks. Was disappointed in the store though. Not much inventory was hoping to buy a few pair of running shoes after 1 st trying them on. Ended up buying the same shoe I was running in. Will not go there again...will stick to the catalogue.

No comments: