The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Day 46

Day-off. However, I feel like I walk 10 miles today shopping at Sams... my weekly Tuesday chore.

Tracy helped me with my I-Pod saved me a lot of time with selecting/making playlist.

Too bad your buddy did not make the cut. It would have been fun I am sure caddying in the final rounds.

George, be careful with the weights I read somewhere ankle and wrist weights are not good.

Paulie called today...he told me about some pill you can take for altitude issues. He is going to email the name. Off course I forgot the name already. He had some serious issues with altitude he passed out a couple of times. Said the pill helped.

Being a bum for a couple months is not a bad thing especially now that you are in training. My biggest problem is finding time for the long runs it will only get harder as weather gets warmer/hotter. NJ is a little behind Dallas but will be hitting 90 soon as well.

1 comment:

Sat Sandhu said...

Phew! I've finally caught up with the past two weeks of your blog (been on holiday and then just trying to catch up).

Sorry to hear about the "restructuring" Georgie - usually these things turn out better in the long run (fingers crossed).

Hey if you guys bring a solar charger and a plasma then I'll bring the xbox (and beers)!!! ;)

Your training seems to be going well - keep up the good work.

Regarding Grizzly bears - isn't it you don't have to outrun the bear, just the other "bear food"? My wife runs slower than me and the life policy is decent, so I'm not too worried ;)

Not sure if the iPod shuffle handles it but Nike have a gadget called "Nike+" that attaches to an ipod to tell you your speed (and their nike+ website is brilliant). You guys might want to look into that (for extra motivation).

I'll stop yapping now...before you ban me from posting.

Catch you guys later
Sat