The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 29

The weather turn out better then predicted...no rain. Ran 11+ with my new backpack...which was empty except for my Gatorade bottle and cell phone. Keeping true to our knucklehead name I should have packed a wind breaker as the weather change halfway into my run. I was able to run about half of it on trail and when ever I saw a hill I ran up it. Hamstrings are starting to tighten up though... felt it near the end of the run.

Ok. Topic 1 from my Trail Running book...Wildlife/SNAKES!!! What to do...the book says avoid them...thank you very much. 1st stay away from rocks/logs do not put your hands into holes. Snakes tend to hide dark,hidden areas. Also of special note...snake are more active at night. This is a MAJOR CONCERN George. Being over 50 and having bladder issues especially at night leaves us at increased risk for snake bite. Especially with all the hydrating we will have to being doing. How do we mitigate this risk ?

Tomorrow topic what to do if bitten by a snake?

No comments: