The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 51

George, what did you mean guys like us ? You mean elite runners...by mid July we will be lean, mean, running machines !!!

Ran uphill for 50 minutes today on the treadmill. Did 5.4 miles. Took it up to 7% running again. Did a bulk of the run at 4-5%. Cooled down at a 10% grade. People think I am nuts. Then went and did my usual work-out.

Read Sat Sandhu blog today. He is very technical. Keeps track of calories in and out and % carbs,protein and fat. How many calories in six donuts, ten pretzel rods and two buds? I have to show Helen being a dietitian she will appreciate it. You also need to read his gear comments, again very technical but informative. He has also upped his mileage and his long run( 15.7 miles). AND his cross training is a little more intense then playing golf.

We are falling behind !!! I am going back out tonight for another run!

Ok day off tomorrow. LL game at night.

2 comments:

Georgie B said...

Fred, I don't know what 7 % grade means. Please explain.

Also, send me the link for the other " Cat Ballou " or whatever's blog.

Didn't do anything today, plan to go reasonably long tomorrow... will keep you advised.

Ate some Avocado today.... I'm ripped as a result !

Nothing much to report.... missed a call from O'Hearn today.

Still bumming around here, have a reasonable resume completed, that's about it. Wish I could sell that damn house, I could get used to a different way of life. I must admit, I haven't missed much about SLE.

Sat Sandhu said...

Heh heh - I'm sure my cross training is anything to worry about (it was just that bike ride on holiday).

And now that we're back on flatland we're no longer doing any hills - should do some inclines on a Treadmill like you're doing Fred. But I tried 6% ages ago...that was hard...think 7% will make me cry!

BTW: Georgie - our blog site is:
http://transrockiesrun.blogspot.com

I use fitday.com to keep a rough food diary, hence it does all the hard work in terms of calories etc.

And don't worry...donuts, pretzels and buds I think are what's commonly referred to as a "balanced diet" ;)

PS. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Georgie regarding selling the house.

Laters
"Cat Ballou" !!