The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 45

Y day...my buddy Carmen has not been there now for over 3 wks. He would have given me grief with my I-pod. He got one a year ago and was on my case to get one. It's not the same not seeing him. I have another buddy he is 85. He makes me laugh...he is still chasing the ladies!! He does not work out much but he is hornen in. George, the good news here is you are never too old.

Ran up hill for 50 minutes on the treadmill did 5+ miles. The treadmill is great for my legs no pounding and I can maintain a steady pace which is one of my biggest problems. Plus I can control the grade took it up to 10%(walking) and 7% running.

Day-off tomorrow!!!

How was the golf tournament did your guy do well. How was the cadding ?

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

Cross trained yesterday by caddying for a 53 year old member of the Champions tour.... he had a really solid round and got beat by 10 strokes by 4 flat bellies and did not qualify. Good experience though, and noticed a lot of nuances in his swing that I am anxious to apply.

Fred, I bought 2 lb wrist weights this weekend and ran with them today. Had a 6 mile run in + 90 degree temperature. Shaky run, but 2 lbs on each wrist seemed to be a good idea. Threw in some curls etc as I ran along and am optimistic that this is a really good idea to wear on shorter runs.
I bought these at Target.... they are lady's, but I have small wrists. I am sure you can get them at about any sports store, Walmart etc.

Fred, I'm feeling guilt already about just goofing off as opposed to formulating a next job plan.... but it seems like breathing for a bit is a good decision. I wish the stock market and in particular, Sara Lee stock would get clarity to the upside so my asset base could recover some of this year's carnage !

I remain committed to this vision quest.... I think I'll go eat an almond ( even though it has salt on it )