The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Monday, April 7, 2008

Day 31

Still not up to par...took it easy at the Y today. Ratcheted it back on the pace of my run and distance. I think I am in need of a good night sleep.

George how do you run in that vest. It bounces all around on me. I must be doing something wrong. I have tried to tighten it but have not been successful.

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...maybe our team song should be if I only had a brain.
I do not blame the girls that where I would have been with the munchkins !!!

Day-off tomorrow hope to come back strong on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Sat Sandhu said...

An interval session, followed by a 7% incline session and then a 11+ miler? Man - no wonder you're under the weather....I'm exhausted just reading about those three days!!

I'll be asking the wizard for a heart (a 2nd one is bound to help - right!?).

BTW: What rucksack have you got?

Keep on running,
Sat

Georgie B said...

Fred, when it comes to the suicide vest, I am a machine ! I don't know if they come in sizes, but given that I am fatter than you, maybe it bounces less. I seem to remember that they had two sizes.

I drove 38 miles to run around a Dallas Lake on Friday and forgot my vest ( classic knucklehead ) so I bought another one ! I now have 2 vests and 4 Ipods.

Speaking of which.... I have a fun thing to do if you agree. Walmart sell 240 song Ipod shuffles for $ 48..... I plan to listen to music much of the run.... the idea is to build preload a shuffle with songs that are meaningful, motivational, reminiscent etc to each of us and give it to each other as a pre race gift to be used during the run.

I plan to bring 3 or 4 of these shuffles with different song selections to the race... They will hold the charge, no problem and I can use a different one each day.