The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 49

George...it is scary I was thinking of you and Tadpole on my run today before I read your post. On my I-pod I have 2 Johnny Cash songs...Ira Hayes and it Grand Old Flag. Both reminded me of people who have served in the Marines. Anyway, I was going to post and say after you finish your training for the Transrockie you should re-enlist and join Tadpole. If you keep running in the suicide vest you will be in better shape then when you were in Marines. That is very impressive... 2 Star General heading up Iraq. I will never forget meeting him in the Atlanta airport when he came off the plane doing a hand stand!!

Did 11 miles today the weather was perfect... cool and cloudy. Felt the best so far after a long run. Was afraid I would be tired after a long week. Maybe the training is kicking in. My weight is down to 164 I just wish I would lose the stomach.

LL Game ended in a tie 7-7. We should have won...poor base running. Blame the manager again. They may not renew my contract.

Tomorrow my Sunday routine...suicide walk may up the mileage.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

Fred, you're taking a little bit different strategy than me, running longer on the weekends than I am. Makes me nervous for one of us, I think it is me.

Ran 9 in the suicide vest today, but matched my last week time without the suicide vest. Feel good about 10:20 miles with vest.

As I talked to tadpole the other night and with all that has gone on recently, I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have stayed in the Marine Corps... I really did love it and enjoyed doing something that I felt made a difference. Oh well, had I done that... I wouldn't have Chynna and Nikki.

Had a big open house and full page newspaper ad planned for my house in Chicago today... of course, it rained ! I must admit I'm worried... I even went to church today to say a prayer that I sell this house. ( left early, of course... like a good Catholic )

I still have my gut... I know that I should do a couple of weeks of no carb, but I don't think that would be productive given the need for running fuel. Maybe we should change our blog to www.teamBuddhas.blogspot.com

Looked at the 16 week training schedule again last night... I can't say that I agree with some of the long run strategies. I just think that last year's schedule was much more logical for guys like us.