The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 55

Busy day at work. Did my Y work-out. Ran outside for an easy 4 miles. Tried trail shoes today New Balance 908. Attempted to run on grass and trail for entire run. The shoe felt good and they were lighter then my New Balance 1223. Not one of my best work-outs but did not want to push myself hope to do a long run early tomorrow.

Have a busy day on tap for tomorrow. Need to get my run in early. Will forgo my Friday Happy Hour tonight.. hope to get to bed early.

Hope the knee is feeling better.

3 comments:

Georgie B said...

Ran 12.... knee hurt, ego hurt, but I accomplished the mission.

Rest on Saturday, 9 on Sunday... Happy Hour on Sunday evening, my favorite time for cocktails.
I can have a few given no work on Monday.

Fred, when is the Spring Lake 5 ?

Schmidty said...

Hey guys, good for you. My buddy and I completed last year's TransRockies (www.jon.schmidty.ca). You can definitely do it. But, I'd advise taking care of your knees. I am now receiving physio for my knee, likely from an IT band injury (fairly common) and is a result of neglecting cross-training to strengthen muscles not used much in running - yup despite all the pain there's still muscles you're not using ;) If you're getting over 50 miles a week you should talk to an expert about avoiding an IT band injury and anything else they may recommend. Cheers and all the best!

Freddi14 said...

jon
Thanks for your advice. I enjoyed seeing your photos of last year race. Are you going again this year