The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 57

My usual Sunday routine with a couple of wrinkles. Went to church but we skipped our traditional breakfast stop. Freddy at the last minute decided to participate in the Pepsi, Hit,Run and Pitch competition. He has just started to get into baseball and he tries hard to play well. But I would say he is average. So...he goes ahead and wins the overall 9/10 Hit,Run and Pitch competition. He is also a knucklehead he could care less. But he gets to go on to the state championship in couple of weeks with his best friend. Going with his best friend I think is what makes him excited.

Anyway a good way to start a Sunday.

Did my suicide walk 4 miles. Kept my 15min/mile pace up. My legs felt pretty good after the 13. Just feel a little stiff tonight. Loaded some more songs on the I-pod today. I need to start getting different play lists. Although, I am boring guy I can listen to same songs over and over again... which I have been doing for the past 2wks.

Back to the Y tomorrow...hill work-out on the treadmill.

3 comments:

Georgie B said...

I have been listening to the sme songs on my I POD for 3 years..... but its predominantly the Allman Brothers and Patti La Belle, my favs.

Did 9 with the suicide vest today, Best time yet, but I can't say that it is effortless !

Cheers.

Freddi14 said...

Johnny Cash,Kenny Rogers,Garth Brooks, Frank Sinatra and the Big E. I must be 50+

George, how do you run in that vest. You must wear a bra or something. When I get done with my long runs my nipples are killing me and I wear a light weight technical t-shirt!!!

You are going to be an Iron man.

Did you get the Phi Tau e-mail. My old girl friend Terry Chavez was in a picture.

Georgie B said...

For some reason, I am not getting Phi Tau Emails..... SaraLee might be blocking them as SPAM.

Fred, would it be possible for you to send them a note with my new email address...

georgebrown926@yahoo.com

My nipples are steely ! Taking Monday off... plan to go 12 with hand weights on Tuesday.

Fred, remember when I said that it would be fun to load an IPOD shuffle for each other for the race ? Forget about it !