The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 65

Well took today off my normal Tuesday. But it was a busy day at work and LL. Lost again tonight 4 game losing streak...8-7. Freddy got the lost. They will never renew my contract.

George, I sent an email to the TCR people( the ones that produced the training schedule). Maybe I will get a response. The questioned I asked was the base question ie 35mile base should we back it down to 21 or stay at 35 until they go to 48. Maybe I will hear something tomorrow or they will try and sell me something.

I take a size 8.5 D normally...like I said in some NB I have to go to a 9. So whatever size you think I should get I'll will try a pair. If it does not fit would she mind if I sent it back?

2 comments:

Georgie B said...

If it doesn't fit... give it to good will !

Sorry about the gut wrenching 1 run loss.

Off to bed, I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird... in fact as my kids bring home book assignments, I order 2 copies from Amazon and read the book as well. Catching up on my classics before I die of a heart attack 1 mile from Beaver Creek.

I hung a map of each of the 6 routes on my refrigerator tonight... also hung the checklist and a lean diet menu that makes absolute sense to me from bicycling magazine.

Breakfast ( 2 eggs or omelet)oatmeal, fruit, mixed nuts, coffee, water

mid morning snack: smoothie made with berries / flaxseed / spinach/ vanilla protein powder and vanilla soy milk

Lunch: 2- 4 oz chicken breasts,salad with spinach / veggie w/ olive oil and vinegar dressing fruit ,glass of water

Mid afternoon snack ; whole grain bread with all natural peanut butter... baby carrots and a glass of water

Post workout snack... 50 gram carbs / 20 gram protein liquid or bar snack

Dinner: 6 oz salmon, 1/2 cup wild or brown rice, 1/2 cup broccoli, glass of water

I'm gonna reward myself with a bit of dark chocolate for an evening snack ( not on the menu ) and cocktails on Sunday afternoons after weekend runs.

I'm gonna try my damndest to follow this diet with some variation... i.e. turkey for chicken, other fishes / lean steak for salmon etc.

I was gonna try to get " ripped " for the campfire, but now it looks like it may be me, you and Rick playing Backgammon and trading precious metals / calls / penny stocks for the 6 days. Sounds good to me !

Jo Sandhu said...

Hi guys,

just wanted to introduce myself, I'm the better (and less blog-oriented) other half of Team Can Do Sandhu - Jo!

I've been reading your blog and postings for the past few weeks so apologies for taking so long to say hi.

As I'm typing this we're watching a programme on tv called Half Ton Dad - it's a guy in the States called Kenneth who weighs 73 stones! If there's one thing I hope our blogs do, is to try and inspire others to get out there and do something today to get in shape,

Anyway, glad the training is going well and I'm looking forward to meeting you in August.

Happy running!

Jo