The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 71

Of course everything that could go wrong did last night. Freddy threw-up 3x, dog and cats were fighting and I got 3hrs of sleep if I was lucky. Then my director called out sick and half the school was sick. Helen is having a good time at her seminar!!!!

George, got the shorts you recommended. Ran in them today felt pretty good...look good too. May wear them to work in the summer. Was able to get 4 miles in today but no Y work-out. It was not a strong 4 but at least I got it in.

Posting before LL game in case we lose I will be in no mood to post. Not a very positive attitude I know but losing does that to you. Have to remain positive, however half my coaching staff will be missing tonight.

2 comments:

Georgie B said...

Day off today.... plan to go reasonably long tomorrow.

Fred, you need to get this day over with..... kill the cats, kiss the kids, eat chocolate cake and go to bed.

Went to a health food store today... I'm doing a little better on nutritional approach, but blow it up a couple of times a week when I drink some beers... pizza trumps soymilk every time.

What I have done is come to two different drinks that I believe are adding value.

1) Vanilla Soy Milk, berries, 1/2 banana, ice, muscle milk powder, flaxseed. ( Put in blender )

2) Quick drink... Vanilla Soy milk, " Greens " powder, muscle milk powder, flaxseed ( Stir in a glass ) quick and yummy.

Fred, I think this is an important approach and one that is easy to do.

I'm throwing in 3 fish oil capsules a day.... controls inflammation within joints / body.

Also trying to do a couple of probiotic capsules a day.

Anyhow, not trying to sound technical but I think nutrition will become increasingly important in the next 15 weeks.

Cheers !

Georgie B said...

Freddie.... I pretty much have decided that Asics 2120 is the way to go for Trail shoes, based upon their 5 star rating in Road runner sports and a number of " disses " for their top of the line ( most expensive ) Sensor trail shoe.

Check it out at road runners wports... item # asc1246.

They recommend 1/2 size up... I go a full size up with Asics. Are you a " strong " size 8 1/2 i.e., your closer to size nine or closer to size 8 ?

Also suggest you order a pair of Gel Kayanos... to me, this is the best shoe out there, by far.

Let me know, my friend is ordering right after memorial day.