The Finish Line

The Finish Line
The Knuckleheads

The Last Day

The Last Day
Our Running Buddies

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 70

George, that is exactly how I feel when I get done with my long runs...I keep telling myself trust the training. I think once I get a couple of back to back long runs in I will have a better feeling. But it does weigh on my mind. I think what really is a worry is getting the time to get those back to back runs in. When I get done I usually have an energy burst as long as I stretch properly at the end. But a couple hours later I get tired.

Today, Helen left for her seminar. But I kept up my Sunday routine. It was raining pretty good here...but I got the suicide walk in. I was the only one out on the road today but it was fine I actually enjoyed it... the rain was a distraction. You know what they say... Life is not always sunny and 70!!

I have been rethinking the trail shoe idea and I think that maybe the way to go. I was running on some rocks and mud Saturday I think a sturdy trail shoe maybe a good idea. I also came across a Gore-tex jacket and pants on Mountaingear .com. It was not cheap but I think it is what we need I will e-mail you the items tomorrow. Plus I love the NB technical t-shirts I bought. I could not believe how they kept me dry and when I got done they did not smell bad either.

Not sure what to do tomorrow...need to be home for the kids and I have a LL game tomorrow night. I'll have to figure it out.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

I can smell you in Dallas !

Good Night, Apple.